Shiva Taslimipoor wins award for Best Paper by a Young Researcher at EUROPHRAS 2015…

Shiva Taslimipoor EUROPHRASS

The European Society of Phraseology (EUROPHRAS) organised its 2015 conference in Malaga, Spain, from the 29th June to the 1st July 2015. The topic of the conference was ‘Computerised an Corpus-based Approaches to Phraseology: Monolingual and Multilingual Perspectives’.

“I met a number of experienced researchers at the conference. The focus of researchers’ talks was on various technology-related topics within phraseology. In conjunction with EUROPHRAS2015, the second Workshop on “Multi-word Units in Machine Translation and Translation Technology” (MUMTTT 2015) also took place as an associated event (1st-2nd July). Multiword Expressions as one type of phraseological units need to be correctly identified, interpreted and translated to help the successful operation of Natural Language Processing applications.

The title of my submission for the main conference was ‘Cross-lingual Extraction of Multiword Expressions’ for which I had the honour of being presented the ‘Best Paper by a Young Researcher Award’.

The award made my trip to Malaga much more interesting. It was truly an honour.

Malaga is a beautiful, historical and multicultural city really worth a visit. I was busy there for some meetings, the conference and workshop, but the social programme arranged by the organisers gave me the chance of enjoying Malaga. If you are visiting Malaga don’t forget to try the various fantastic food and drinks!”

Shiva